Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Proverbs 22:1 Better Than Riches


Proverbs 22: 1 (AMP)  A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favor rather than silver and gold.
This suggests integrity, honest, humility, faithfulness, keeping promises, etc. This is a person that you can trust and have confidence in. The apostle Paul was so confident in his “good name” that he encouraged the Christians in Corinth to “PATTERN YOURSELVES after me [follow my example], as I imitate and follow Christ (the Messiah).” 1 Corinthians 11:1 (AMP)
Acts 16:1 (AMP) He [Timothy] had a good reputation among the brethren at Lystra and Iconium. 
Paul goes on to instruct Timothy that any person that is to be considered for leadership in the church must have a good name [reputation]. I am convinced that one of the greatest needs in the church today is authentic leadership of good report. 
1 Timothy 3:7 (AMP)Furthermore, he must have a good reputation and be well thought of by those outside [the church], lest he become involved in slander and incur reproach and fall into the devil’s trap. 
Without doing damage to the context, this verse also suggests a good name with God. We are to “...rejoice that your names are written in heaven." Luke 10:20 b
Philippians 4: 3 Yes, and I ask you, loyal yokefellow, help these women who have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.
Heavenly Father I thank you for Your consistent refining of my character. I have not always had a good name due to my immaturity, bad choices, and at times my willful disobedience. You have convicted me of my sins, led me to repentance and given me the will and courage to change. You have helped me to face those that I have disappointed and to reestablish my integrity in their eyes. Thank you that I have received their forgiveness and Yours! I love YOU my Lord and Savior. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment