Thursday, September 14, 2017

09/07/2017 PBJ Devotional

“And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.” Luke 6:31 (ESV)

Think on this. How do you want to be treated? Do you want respect? Give respect. Do you want to be heard? Become a good listener. Do you want compassion and understanding? Be compassionate and patient with others. Sow into the lives of others what you would hope to receive from them. But you say, “What if they do not respond to me in the same way?” I would say to you, continue to sow good seed into their lives and trust that you will be rewarded by the Father.

We do not give what is good only to get back the same. We give first to show the heart of God to a fallen world. We give first that others may come to know His love. We give first so that we can be spiritually, emotionally, and relationally healthy people. We give first to honor God and enjoy his good pleasure!


Father God, help me to give more freely and to not hold back good from any man. Help me to rise above my own negativity, fears, and woundedness that I might be your hand extended to a broken world. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment