Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Men of war must honor God with their spoils


01/08/2019

1 Chronicles 26:27 (NLT) These men dedicated some of the plunder they had gained in battle to maintain the house of the Lord

Look at your life and consider all that you have by the hand of the Lord. Do not think all you possess is only the result of your determination and effort. Have I not given you the ability to think, the strength to work, and the will to achieve? Remember me in your gifts and offerings, generously and with joy.

The more God bestows upon us, the more he expects from us in works of piety and charity. Great successes call for proportionable returns. When we look over our estates we should consider, "Here are convenient things, rich things, it may be, and fine things; but where are the dedicated things?' Men of war must honor God with their spoils.”
--Matthew Henry

Father God, thank you for all you have given to my family and me. You have exceeded our highest expectations. I love you and count it a privilege to share what I have with others. Freely I have received, freely I give.  

No comments:

Post a Comment