Sunday, December 23, 2018

Hope in the Lord


Hope In The Lord
By George Stahnke December 23, 20182

Psalm 42:6 (ESV) Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation

While many celebrate the joy of the season, there are others who struggle with regret, and deep pain. I have a dear friend who will face this Christmas for the first time without his beloved wife who recently died! I know of another woman whose son committed suicide last month, and a precious brother in the Lord who is separated from his wife and children.

For those I have mentioned and so many others, it is a time of mixed emotion. Still they are grateful for the gift of Jesus and all that his sacrifice brings to us. Their hope is in God and the truths in His Word.

I response to this verse C.H. Spurgeon wrote: "If every evil be let loose from Pandora's box, yet is there hope at the bottom. This is the grace that swims, though the waves roar and be troubled. God is unchangeable, and therefore his grace is the ground for unshaken hope. If everything be dark, yet the day will come, and meanwhile hope carries stars in her eyes; her lamps are not dependent on oil from without, her light is fed by secret visitations of God, which sustain the spirit.”

To all my dear friends, have a blessed Christmas celebration as we all remember and cling to the Lord Jesus Christ who is our Prince of Peace and Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment