Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Titus 3:1-2 Devotional

11/01/2017 PBJ Devotional

“Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.” (Titus 3:1-2 ESV)

Throughout the Scriptures we are reminded, as in verse one, to do every good work. Here the work is defined with respect to our attitude toward others. Humility and determination will be needed to bring every prejudice into check. For us to be successful in this biblical admonition, we must not see ourselves as better than others. We are the children of God, by faith alone in Jesus Christ, but we are not better than our neighbor who may be carnal or unsaved! We are not of greater value to God than another, for he sent Jesus Christ into our world to save all men. How can we exemplify the love of God to the world in which we live if we believe that somehow, as Christ followers we are better than others? This is why we are instructed to have our speech seasoned with grace, to be peaceable, gentle showing every consideration for all men. Only as we walk in the power the Holy Spirit can we accomplish such a task!


Father God, as I consider the years that I have served I recognize that there have been many times when I have fallen short of this command. Forgive me for my pride and prejudice. Forgive me for speaking out of anger and being harsh with others. Help me humble myself that I may extend to all men the love of the Father, the forgiveness of Jesus, and the fellowship of the Spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment