Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Proverbs 30:10 Never Slander

Proverbs 30:10 (NLT) Never slander a worker to the employer, or the person will curse you, and you will pay for it.
Definition: slander is a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report.
Definition:  defamation is the act of saying false things in order to make people have a bad opinion of someone or something.
To slander another person is simply evil false speech that can cause alienation and damage to someone else’s character. In the end the damage that is projected toward another person will come back to its point of origin. There is an old saying, “never spit when the wind is blowing toward you.” Get the point?
It has been my observation that those who engage in such evil activity have a sense that they have been unjustly wronged. In their anger they lash out looking for revenge. They are also prideful, defensive, and blame shifting to somehow justify their ungodly behavior. Perhaps in some cases they have been wounded.  Regardless, when wronged we are admonished to guard our hearts from bitterness (Proverbs 4:23) which in the end defiles many (Hebrews 12:15).  We must remember that, “man’s anger does not work the righteousness of God. (James 1:19)
Here is the word of the Lord for those who engage in slander and defamation. “I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbors. I will not endure conceit and pride.”  Psalm 101:5 (NLT)  
Romans 12:19-21 (NLT) Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say,“I will take revenge; I will pay them back,” says the LORD. 20 Instead, “If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads.” 21 Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.
Father God, guard my heart from any root of bitterness that would cause me to retaliate and damage another person’s reputation.  When I am injured give me the humility to bring my pain to you alone. Help me to respond to Your Spirit, to forgive as You have forgiven me. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Very good post well supported by the Word its perfect!

    God Bless- Randy Poole

    ReplyDelete