Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Proverbs 28:13 Humble Confessions


Proverbs 28:13 (AMP) He who covers his transgressions will not prosper, but whoever confesses and forsakes his sins will obtain mercy.
The clarity of the message here is unmistakable. If I refuse to humbly acknowledge my sin, renounce, and abandon it, I will not prosper. I know some of you are thinking about the person you know who lives like the devil and is living a prosperous life. May I submit to you that the prosperity mentioned in verse 13 is not the size of a bank account.
Matthew 16:23 (NKJV) For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
3 John 1:2 (NKJV) Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
There is nothing that compares to the soul that has gown healthy and strong through walking in the truth and power of God’s Word! This prosperity is an eternal treasure that cannot be destroyed by moth and rust and cannot be stole by thieves. (Mark 6:20)  
This is a soul that has obtained unfathomable mercy.  “Blessed is he whose transgression is forgive, The Joy of Forgiveness A Psalm of David. A Contemplation. Whose sin is covered.  Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit. When I kept silent, my bones grew old Through my groaning all the day long.4For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me; My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. I acknowledged my sin to You, And my iniquity I have not hidden. I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord, And You forgave the iniquity of my sin.” Psalm 32:1-5 (NKJV)
The Word of God speaks for itself in confronting our denial and pride. “If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth.9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.” 1 John 1:8-9 (NLT)
When we humble ourselves in prayer and confess our needs, “He gives us more and more grace (power of the Holy Spirit, to meet this evil tendency and all others fully). That is why He says, God sets Himself against the proud and haughty, but gives grace [continually] to the lowly (those who are humble enough to receive it). So be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you. Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery].  [As you draw near to God] be deeply penitent and grieve, even weep [over your disloyalty]. Let your laughter be turned to grief and your mirth to dejection and heartfelt shame [for your sins].  Humble yourselves [feeling very insignificant] in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you [He will lift you up and make your lives significant].” James 4:6-10 (AMP)
Psalm 32:5 (AMP) I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I did not hide. I said, I will confess my transgressions to the Lord [continually unfolding the past till all is told]--then You [instantly] forgave me the guilt and iniquity of my sin.
Heavenly Father, Thank you for continually dealing with my stubborn PRIDE! Oh how I desire that it be completely rooted out of my life. I invite the conviction of the Holy Spirit. Come,  continue to shine the light of God’s Word into every corner of my soul. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment