Thursday, November 6, 2014

Tabernacle Model for Personal Devotions: Part 6

Tabernacle Model for Personal Devotions: Part 6

6.  The Altar of Incense stood before the veil that separated the holy place and the most holy place. This altar spoke of worship and of other dimensions of prayer (Rev. 8:3-4). Here praise and prayer are blended together as the priest approached the presence of God.

“It is Christ’s blood (our sin offering) that was shed on Calvary (Brazen Altar) which is the basis and foundation of His ministry of Intercession (Golden Altar of Incense) in behalf of the saints and the Church at the right hand of the Majesty on High (Heb. 8:1-2). Only the Blood of Jesus gives power to the incense of prayer. It is only the Blood of Jesus that enables us to stand before a holy God (Heb. 9:12-14 and John 1:6-7).” —The Tabernacle of Moses, Kevin Conner, pg. 50

Revelation 5:8  And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

Romans 8:26  In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.

1 Corinthians 14:14-15  For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful. 15So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind.

Ephesians 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.


Prayer Focus: Allow the Holy Spirit to impress upon your mind what and whom to pray for. Begin to pray and worship in the Spirit. Sing to the Lord a new song. (Ps. 40:3, 96:1, 98:1, 149:1, Rev. 5:9) Enjoy His presence!


No comments:

Post a Comment